Top 5 Reasons Why ING May Be the Right Life Insurance Company for You in 2014
Many of us are familiar with the company ING through their internet ING Direct savings accounts or their retirement investment accounts. The famous orange lion and orange ball are ING’s distinct logos. However, what many people are not aware of is the fact that ING ReliaStar Life Companies is one of the top 5 term life insurance companies in America.
What makes ING so competitive?
- ING Life Companies allows your total cholesterol to reach up through 300 and remain eligible for the best rate class-Super Preferred. This is very liberal compared to most other companies and is a huge advantage for ING.
- ING does not consider family history of cancer in parents or siblings to determine your rate class. Again, this is not common in the industry. If your immediate family has had cancer in the past it typically effects your rate, but not with ING.
- Cancer survivors (of certain cancers) can be eligible for Preferred rates after 10 years. For most companies, Standard is the best rate you will be eligible for no matter how much time has passed.
- Unisex build charts allow ING to be offer better rates for female applicants. Also, older applicants benefit from a more favorable new build chart. Most companies have separate build charts for males and females.
- Treated blood pressure for applicants age 61 and older, are eligible for the Super Preferred non-tobacco rates. For most companies, treatment for high blood pressure will automatically place you into a Preferred rating class.
Also, ING has a “sweet spot” or discount on their cost-per-thousand for a $200,000 policy.
When you shop for life insurance and your rate is higher than you anticipated for one of the five reasons listed above, ask the agent about how ING would rate your situation. Many times they can offer you a lower price for your coverage and end up saving you a lot of money-due to their customer friendly underwriting guidelines.
What rates do you qualify for? Just enter your zip-code and compare for free